New Report From MDR Provides Insights Into a $700 Billion K-12 Education Market

MDR, a division of Dun & Bradstreet, recently released The K-12 Education Landscape, the first of four in the State of the K-12 Market Report 2018 series.

This report provides those new to marketing to the K-12 market and veterans alike with market demographic data, highlights on federally funded education programs, information on school spending, and a discussion about the ways that schools engage in business.

Recognizing that education is big business, the report concludes that it is critical for marketers and education product providers to understand the districts they aim to serve.

For example, while large districts have the greatest money-making potential, they also bring the greatest challenges when marketing to them. Small and medium sized districts have unique needs and can often be the perfect fit.

Authored by renowned education researcher Anne Wujcik (recently retired!), the report reminds education solution providers that most of any school’s budget is spent on fixed costs, with salaries and benefits accounting for nearly 90 percent leaving roughly 10 percent to cover all instructional spending.

Gathering information on district spending for all instructional materials from state departments of education, MDR calculated the average U.S. spending to be $263 per pupil.

The complete The K-12 Education Landscape report includes many other insights into the K-12 market and can be purchased for $1,499 at


    Leave a Comment

    %d bloggers like this: