AASA, The School Superintendents Association and CoSN, the Consortium for School Networking have launched a partnership committed to building a community of engaged superintendents and other school system leaders who have the skills and knowledge to bolster dynamic digital learning environments on behalf of K-12 students.
AASA is the premier organization for our nation’s superintendents, while CoSN serves as the premier professional organization for school system technology leaders.
“This agreement between our two associations builds on a long-standing, positive initiative to expand our footprint in the digital conversation, engagement and support among some of the most talented educators nationwide,” says Daniel A. Domenech, executive director, AASA. “This partnership can only enhance the ongoing digital impact on student learning. I am very pleased to begin a formal relationship with Keith Krueger and his team.”
“Combining our efforts to break new ground for rising ed-tech leaders is certain to benefit our school districts, our communities and most importantly, the more than 50 million students attending our public schools,” says Keith Krueger, CEO, CoSN. “Digital transitions are not a ‘nice-to-have’ but a ‘must-have’ in the digital age in which we live. We are pleased to be part of the network of AASA partnerships.”
Critical aspects of the partnership include:
- AASA to disseminate CoSN’s free digital resources to its members.
- CoSN to share responsibility with AASA to build thought-leader practitioners with knowledge and skills by identifying and nurturing a cadre of EmpowerEd Superintendents to become advocates for CoSN and AASA digital resources.
- AASA to co-brand resources with CoSN on emerging digital trends such as the Driving K-12 Innovation series, with the goal of increasing knowledge of implications for superintendents, their teams and the communities they serve.
- CoSN to partner with AASA and ensure that AASA’s superintendent and aspiring superintendent certification programs have robust digital leadership dimensions.
- AASA will be co-branded as lead partner on CoSN’s National Digital Superintendent of the Year.
“This agreement exemplifies the AASA Leadership Network’s pursuit in working with existing and potential partners as part of a strategic effort to support our cohorts and other programs,” says Mort Sherman, associate executive director, leadership network, AASA. “In addition, we plan to develop new models of engaging thought-leader practitioners and expand our ability to accomplish our goals to further our organization’s mission. This partnership is a ‘win-win’ for both groups, but more importantly, our respective members. We are appreciative of the perspective and connections that Valerie Truesdale brings as a leader for AASA and an important bridge between our two associations.
For more information about the AASA-CoSN partnership, contact Valerie Truesdale, assistant executive director, AASA, at [email protected].