Leaders from more than 40 state departments of education, including leaders in educational technology, assessment, instructional materials and professional development, along with private sector partners will converge on the Washington, D.C. area November 3-6, 2019 to participate in a unique professional learning opportunity in the form of The Leadership Summit hosted by the State Education Technology Directors Association (SETDA).
The event is designed to foster in-depth dialogue coupled with collaborative work.
As part of the Summit, SETDA hosts the one-day Education Forum, an event to shine a spotlight on the full scope of the digital transformation of policy and practice underway in K-12 education.
The Ed Forum includes VIP guests from the executive leadership from national educational organizations, policy makers and representatives from think-tanks and various federal agencies to attend and participate as keynote speakers, panelists and working group participants.
Highlights of the Summit
- States sharing examples of educational technology policies, practices and exemplary examples
- In-depth topic discussions on the most pressing national, educational technology issues
- Student Voices Award and Panel: an opportunity to hear from students enrolled in leading educational technology programs
- Corporate presentations on new and innovative technologies for education
- Updates from the U.S. Department of Education, the FCC and other federal agencies
- SETDA membership meeting
- Annual Awards Gala
- Informal networking with state leaders