When so many young children were experiencing major disruptions to their learning and social wellbeing, educators turned to The Creative Curriculum® by Teaching Strategies to help build positive, joyful classrooms that spark children’s imaginations and foster a love for learning. Post-pandemic, it’s still going strong: intentionally designed to build children’s confidence, creativity, and critical thinking skills through hands-on, project–based investigations, The Creative Curriculum® is one of the most widely used and top rated early learning curriculum in the nation and is the only curriculum with outlined progressions of learning and development from birth through age 8 – enabling individualized instruction for every child. Building on 40 years of success in the classroom, the research-based curriculum focuses on whole-child development including academic and social development with rich, play-based activities, coupled with practical guidance for educators.
The curriculum and supporting digital platform is designed with intention, so that teachers can spend more time focused on relationship-centered responsive instruction and less time tracking down resources. In addition to printed resources and books, the curriculum offers these technology time-savers:
- 24/7 access to curriculum resources include real-time content updates
- A powerful planning tool that provides all the resources to guide individualized instruction
- Two-way communication between teachers and families
- An interactive digital children’s library with over 200 titles in English and Spanish;
- A new day-view app with all the resources and guidance a teacher needs at their fingertips;and
- Curated, multimedia family-friendly playlists that are sent automatically to families and directly support classroom instruction
Today, Creative Curriculum powers over 80,000 classrooms. For these reasons and more, The Creative Curriculum from Teaching Strategies is a Cool Tool Award Winner for “Best Curriculum and Instruction Solution” as part of The EdTech Awards 2023 from EdTech Digest. Learn more.