MDR recently released a new report, “How 2020 Shaped Perceptions of Technology in the Classroom” looking at teachers’ view of technology in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic (free for download).
Top findings include:
- Educators are highly positive towards technology in the classroom, with 54% indicating it was very useful.
- The use of technology devices in the classroom has been steadily increasing for decades, but no one could have imagined how quickly some schools would approach 1:1 instruction within a matter of months.
- The schools achieving 1:1 were much more likely to be high schools (41%) or middle schools (37%) versus elementary (22%). More schools and districts are likely to outfit students with technology devices — whether to use at home, at school, or anywhere else.
- No surprise: connectivity continues to be a major hurdle.
- It also looks teachers’ favorite apps, and much more.